In 2019, Ojok Okello founded Okere City, an ambitious integrated rural development project on a journey to build a sustainable city in his remote and rural village in Otuke District, Northern Uganda.
He is an Ashoka Visionary Fellow, PfAL Fellow at LSE, and an alumnus of President Barack Obama's Young African Leaders Initiative (YALI) in East Africa.
Day 2 27th Nov
Building Resilient Lives: What will Competitive and Resilient Individuals look like in Economies of the Future
- Lucy Mbabazi, Board Chair – Emeritus, LéO Africa Institute
- Christian Rebero Twahirwa, Creative Director, Creators Agency Ltd and
YELP Fellow Class of 2018
- Okello Ojok, Founder and Community Organizer, Okere City
- Twasiima P. Bigirwa, Segal Family Foundation
- Emmanuel Langoya, Business Banker at Stanbic Bank Uganda & YELP Fellow Class of 2019
Hosted by Ralph Akorabirungi, Head of Public Education Unit at Bank of Uganda & YELP Fellow Class of 2018