The 2021 Annual Leaders Gathering is the second such meeting of emerging leaders within the LéO Africa Institute network across East Africa to reflect on the challenges facing society today and how different networks of innovators, entrepreneurs and decision makers in the public sector can come together to address them.
The 2020 Annual Leaders Gathering is the first such meeting of emerging leaders within the LéO Africa Institute network across East Africa to reflect on the challenges facing society today and how different networks of innovators, entrepreneurs and decision makers in the public sector can come together to address them.
Founder and MD, Kahill Insights Ltd
Patricia Kahill is a "multipotentialite" Christian entrepreneur founder of the 8-years old Digital Marketing agency called Kahill Insights Company Limited. They help business owners create engaging and interactive content items for digital platforms.
Patricia is currently the producer of SlamDunk Basketball Talk, a show on House of Talent online TV, and alumni of the YELP class of 2017. She is driven by passion and curiosity with an ambition of stamping her footprint on the world.
Program Officer, Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung e.V. Uganda and South Sudan
Judith Atim is a Program Officer at Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung Uganda and South Sudan. Judith has worked with the United Nations Industrial Development Organisation (UNIDO) as a Communication and Knowledge Management Specialist.
She has also worked as a Broadcast Journalist in Uganda and has an interest in media, global and contemporary issues, research, and public policy.
Founder, O Studios Entertainment
Usama is an award-winning Ugandan filmmaker notable for his films Bala Bala Sese, Rehema, Love Faces, Kyaddala, Sanyu, and the most recent Sixteen Rounds and The Blind Date.
Usama is also an entrepreneur - founder O Studios Entertainment, a multimedia production company that has produced numerous local and international films.
Usama is passionate about creativity's influence on social, cultural, and economic environments and how to use narratives to design tomorrow’s Africa. He is a 2018 recipient of LéO Africa Institute's Young Emerging Leaders Project Fellowship.
Official #ALG2022 playlist curated by Members of the Institute network
Welcome to the 2022 ALG
Opening Keynote Remarks;
• Carl Manlan, Chairperson Board of Directors, LéO Africa Institute
• Dr. Martin Balaba, Medical Doctor & Entrepreneur & YELP Fellow Class of 2017
• Opolot Nicholas L’akwang, Programme Manager, Konrad Adenauer Stiftung Uganda & South Sudan
• Twasiima P. Bigirwa, Segal Family Foundation
• Luke Ofungi, Deputy Director, CEED Concordia
• Diana Ondoga, Manager, Corporate Social Investment- Stanbic Bank
Hosted by Kwezi Tabaro, Deputy Director, LéO Africa Institute
In-Conversation with LéO Africa Institute co-founder Magnus Mchunguzi. The speaker will share insights on opportunities and challenges of building enterprises on the Continent, and why it was important for him to invest in a Bold idea that became the Institute we know today.
• Magnus Mchunguzi, Director Kwanza Group and co-founder LéO Africa Institute
Hosted by: Nkatya Kabwe, Manager Strategic Communications, Central Bank of Zambia & YELP Fellow Class of 2018
The Future of the Young and Emerging Leaders Project (Closed to YELP Fellows)
•Wanjuhi Njoroge, Founder & President at Nelig Group of Companies, Valedictorian YELP Class of 2018
• Rodrigers Osinde, Accountant, Save the Children International, YELP Class of 2018
• Ms. Anne Juuko, Chief Executive, Stanbic Bank Uganda
• Awel Uwihanganye, Founder & Senior Director LéO Africa Institute
Follow up Panel Conversation with:
• Cleofash Alinaitwe, Managing Partner, Agri Planet Uganda, Valedictorian YELP Fellow Class of 2017
• Donald Byamugisha, Growth Strategist, YELP Fellow Class of 2017
Hosted by William Babigumira, Chief Executive Officer Pentascope Strategy, Senior Member of Faculty LéO Africa Institute